Philadelphia General Hospital Plaque 1924 (approximate)
* smalllion's head
* The hospital used to be located where the medical complex that surrounds this plaque now stands. The date of the plaque is unclear. According to wikipedia, PGH was renamed in 1919,
but W. Freeland Kendrick was mayor from
to the preservation and
restoration of the health of the
people of Philadelphia.
to the increase of knowledge
concerning the cause and cure of disease.
and to the education of those
who would serve humanity.
Near the Northwest corner of Claire M. Fagin Hall.
* 39.949050,-75.196700 [map]
* See also:
+wikipedia.org's Philadelphia General Hospital (aka Blockley Almshouse) page