Welcome to Philadelphia Public Art @ philart.net
This site is a collection of the webmaster's pictures of 869 sculptures, fountains, mosaics and memorials in Philadelphia, with
- indices for titles, artists, years, people, landmarks, architecture and content
- 13 exhibits
- 32 tours with both list and map views
- thumbnails that link to the larger pictures
- locations with latitude, longitude and [map] links
- underlined words and dates in the text for each piece that link to related pieces in the collection
- underlined titles that link to individual piece pages
- external links (preceded with a +) for artists, artworks, people, and landmarks
The webmaster does not own any of the artworks shown here, nor does he have any official connection to any of the bewildering array of private organizations, non-profit institutions, universities, and city and state commissions, programs, departments, agencies, and authorities that own, purchase, maintain, catalog, and/or approve public artworks in Philadelphia.
All pictures (but not the artworks in the pictures) are copyright Christopher William Purdom, and may only be used for non-commercial purposes with attribution and a link.
Updated the New Exhibit with changes made from November 1, 2013 to March 22, 2014. The next round of updates will begin in April or early May.
Three new pictures of John Paul II
Four new pictures of Fountain of the Sea Horses
Three new pictures of Striding Man
Changed the map links on the individual piece pages to set the Google Maps query string to the latlong parameter and adjusted the position of Giraffes.
Four new pictures of All Saints Sculpture Garden
Two new pictures of Bronze Figure
Two new pictures of Split Button
Added the new Zoo Sign