Welcome to Philadelphia Public Art @ philart.net
This site is a collection of the webmaster's pictures of 935 sculptures, fountains, mosaics and memorials in Philadelphia, with
- indices for titles, artists, years, people, landmarks, architecture and content
- 13 exhibits
- 33 tours with both list and map views
- thumbnails that link to the larger pictures
- locations with latitude, longitude and [map] links
- underlined words and dates in the text for each piece that link to related pieces in the collection
- underlined titles that link to individual piece pages
- external links (preceded with a +) for artists, artworks, people, and landmarks
The webmaster does not own any of the artworks shown here, nor does he have any official connection to any of the bewildering array of private organizations, non-profit institutions, universities, and city and state commissions, programs, departments, agencies, and authorities that own, purchase, maintain, catalog, and/or approve public artworks in Philadelphia.
All pictures (but not the artworks in the pictures) are copyright Christopher William Purdom, and may only be used for non-commercial purposes with attribution and a link.
Added the Curtis Institute Reliefs
Replaced the picture of Benjamin Franklin in Fireman's Hat
Added the Dilworth Park Fountain
New pictures of all eleven Chestnut Street Bus Shelters
Added Kathleen Fruge-Brown's 2014 bike rack Birds
Two new pictures of The Hand and Eye of God
Fixed a bunch of broken internal links: landmark to tour, tour extensions, and various embedded links to related entries.
All URLs have been converted. Old URLs will automatically redirect.
Converting to SEO-friendly URLs. Trying to keep disruption to a minimum.
Added Walker Hancock's 1979 Air, installed 2015 on the Schuylkill Banks