Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
Joseph Alexis Bailly,
* Statue of George Washington
* standing person,
* behind the Independence Hall security perimeter, but visible across Chestnut. The first two pictures are from a print taken before the perimeter was established.
* In front of Independence Hall.
South side of Chestnut between 5th and 6th.
* 39.949050,-75.150000 [map]
* On the Independence Mall tour
* Exhibits: New
* See also:
+phillyhistory.org 1913 picture of this piece
+phillyhistory.org 1929 picture of this piece
+wikipedia.org's Joseph Alexis Bailly page
+wikipedia.org's George Washington page
+wikipedia.org's Independence Hall page