Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
300 - 1525 ((approximate range of possible dates))
* In storage. Was at Penn's Landing at Dock Street. There were originally two spheres at opposite ends of the 1976 International Sculpture Garden. One was removed when the hotel was built (approximately 2001), and the second was removed between then and 2010.
* Exhibits: Missing
400 - 500
* Lower (East) courtyard of the Penn Museum.
South side of South, East of 33rd.
* 39.949175,-75.191125 [map]
* On the Penn Campus tour
* See also:
+ Penn Museum of Archeology and Anthropology
The pictures on this site (but not the
artworks in the pictures) are Copyright 1998-2016
Christopher William Purdom (the Webmsaster), unless
otherwise noted, and are not to be used for commercial purposes, but are
free for non-commercial use, provided appropriate credit is given.
The Webmaster does not own any of the artworks shown here, nor does the Webmaster
have any official connection to any of the private organizations,
non-profit institutions, universities, or city
and state commissions, programs, departments, agencies, and authorities
that own, purchase, maintain, catalog, and/or approve public artworks in
Information about artists, dates, titles and subjects was gathered by the Webmaster from
a variety of sources, including those listed on the
resources page, plus personal inspection of the pieces and, in
some cases, email or telephone conversations with the artists,
representatives of the artists, representatives of the artists' estates,
or personnel at the organizations that purchased or approved the
purchase of the pieces. The Webmaster believes
that the information provided is as accurate as possible, but claims
no ownership of facts. Please contact
the Webmaster with corrections, additions, and/or technical difficulties