Person: Richard F. Devine
Port Richmond Firefighters Memorial
* Memorial to Richard F. Devine, William J. Robinson, Rey Rubio, John Taylor and Thomas Vaughan
* black polished etched stone in the shape of the Fire Department emblem, two people kneeling, one winged, one wearing a helmet
Philadelphia Fire Department
Engine Company #28
To honor our firefighters who have lost their lives while protecting and serving the great community of Port Richmond
When I am called to duty, God, wherever flames may rage,
give me strength to save some life whatever be its age.
Help me embrace a little child before it is too late
or save an older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout
and quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me,
to guard my every neighbor and protect his property.
And if ascending to my fate I am to lose my life
please bless with your protecting hand my children and my wife.
FF Thomas Vaughan
March 13, 1904
FF William J. Robinson
January 15, 1905
FF Richard F. Devine
July 29, 1999
Capt. John Taylor
August 20, 2004
FF Rey Rubio
August 20, 2004
Dedicated August 20, 2005
* In front of Engine Company 28. Southwest side of Ontario between Belgrade and Miller.
* 39.988925,-75.099950 [map]
* On the Kensington tour
* Exhibits: Police and Fire Fighters, Religious
* See also:
+article about the memorial
+article about John Taylor and Rey Rubio
+archive of articles about John Taylor and Rey Rubio
+unofficial history of Engine Company 28