Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
Person: John McMillan
Witherspoon Building Figures
Alexander Stirling Calder,
* Statues of James Caldwell,
* standing people,
books and papers,
* The first six pictures are of the individuals in the order listed on the plaques. The last two are detail shots. The pieces are visible up close when the gates are open and through the gates when they are closed.
* Originally on the Witherspoon Building
* Front courtyard.
Presbyterian Historical Society.
North side of Lombard, East of 5th.
* 39.942900,-75.149950 [map]
* On the Lombard-South tour
* Exhibits: Religious,
* See also:
+wikipedia.org's Alexander Stirling Calder page
+wikipedia.org's James Caldwell page
+wikipedia.org's Samuel Davies page
+cyberhymnal.org's Samuel Davies page
+wikipedia.org's Francis Makemie page
+wikipedia.org's Marcus Whitman page
+wikipedia.org's John Witherspoon page
+Presbyterian Historical Society at pcusa.org
+findagrave.com's Rev. John McMillan page