Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net

Lion's Head Fountain

Lion's Head Fountain
Alexander Stirling Calder, 1899 (2004 copy)
* small lion's head fountain
* Visible through the gate when the gate is closed. Previously listed as 1929 but the University Museum web site lists that section as completed in 1899 and the Penn News claims to have an archival photo dating from 1913-1916.
* Upper (West) courtyard. Penn Museum. South side of South, just East of 33rd..
* 39.949700,-75.191600 [map]
* On the Penn Campus tour
* See also:
+Penn News story about the restoration of the fountain
+wikipedia.org's Alexander Stirling Calder page
+Penn Museum of Archeology and Anthropology