Venturi, Scott Brown (and Rauch), 1982
* Tribute to William Penn
* big map, standing person wearing a hat, house
* Welcome Park is laid out on a giant map of the original street plan, with miniature representations of two objects related to William Penn - the City Hall statue and his original slate-roof house. The Park itself sits on the site of the house Two walls around the park contain a biography of Penn, and his farewell address to the city is on the back of the base of the model of the statue. At the time Welcome Park was built, the firm was named Venturi, Rauch and Scott Brown.
* Plaza. East side of Second Street between Chestnut and Walnut.
* 39.947300,-75.143975 [map]
* On the Penn's Landing tour.
* Exhibits: Religious
* See also:
+ushistory.org page for this piece
+picture of this piece from about.com
+Venturi, Scott Brown & Associates
+wikipedia.org's William Penn page