Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
Person: Wilson Cary Swann
Swann Memorial Fountain
Alexander Stirling Calder,
* Memorial to Dr. Wilson Cary Swann
* Consists of three large pieces representing the Delaware, the Schuylkill and the Wissahickon, plus frogs and turtles. The fountain is on during the summer and is visible from both ends of the Parkway.
* Center of the circle. Logan Square.
19th and the Parkway.
* 39.957900,-75.170600 [map]
* On the Parkway and Pennsylvania tour
* Exhibits: Favorites
* See also:
+Joey Blue's picture of one of the turtles.
+wikipedia.org's page for this piece
+phillyhistory.org 1931 picture of this piece
+Max Buten's picture of one of the turtles
+wikipedia.org's Alexander Stirling Calder page
+wikipedia.org's Logan Circle page