Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net

Person: Charles E. Schaeffer

Charles E. Schaeffer, D.D., S.T.D.
1975
* Plaque with bas relief bust of Charles E. Schaeffer
* small head and shoulders
* inscription:
Charles E. Schaeffer, D.D., S.T.D.
1867-1966
In grateful appreciation of his loyal and distinguished service to the Old First Evangelical and Reformed Church and for his Christian service in the church-at-large, distinguishing himself as General Secretary of the Board for Home Missions from 1908-1941.
He served in various capacities over the years at home and abroad in the Reformed Church and was a staunch supporter of the present United Church of Christ. Therefore this garden is dedicated in his honor on October 26, 1975.
* East inside front garden wall. Old First Reformed. South side of Race, East of 4th.
* 39.954000,-75.145815 [map]
* On the Old City tour
* See also:
+oldfirstucc.org