Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
Person: Anthony J. Drexel
Anthony J. Drexel
Moses Jacob Ezekiel,
* Statue of Anthony J. Drexel
* seated person,
books and papers
* Originally just East of 33rd. Moved Summer, 2001 to 32nd Street. In 2011 the building it was next to was torn down and the statue was moved closer to Market, rotated, and enclosed in a large box. The box was removed some time in 2013.
The last two pictures are from the first and second locations.
* On the campus of Drexel University.
South side of Market, East of 32nd.
* 39.955100,-75.187525 [map]
* On the Avenue of Technology tour
* Exhibits: Moved
* See also:
+phillyhistory.org 1959 picture of this piece
+jewishvirtuallibrary.org's Moses Jacob Ezekiel page
+wikipedia.org's Anthony J. Drexel page