Auguste Rodin, 1881 (cast 1925)
* Statue of Eve
* standing person
* East side of the front wall. Rodin Museum. North side of the Parkway between 21st and 22nd.
* 39.961775,-75.173950 [map]
* On the Parkway tour.
* Exhibits: Religious
* See also:
+bronze-gallery.com's Auguste Rodin page
* Representations of Adam, David, Eve, Isaiah and The Magi
* groups of people, standing people, furniture, sitting people, headgear, staffs, crutch, tools, Earth, sun, moon, planets, stars, water, buildings, plants, lion, lamb, food, serpent, symbols
* Includes a representation of City Hall and William Penn
* inscription: A series of 8 Sculptured Murals commissioned by Monsigner Charles V. Devlin, PA, in 1986.
The first half of the tableau tells a story via excerpts from biblical history from the creation of the world to the birth of Jesus Christ:
II. Expulsion from the Garden of Eden
III. The Prophet Isaiah prophesying the Messiah
IV. King David
V. The Three Wisemen of the Epiphnany
The second half depicts the mission of St. John the Evangelist Church and how we can all continue the mystery of God's love by caring for the needs of:
VI. The sick
VII. The homeless and needy
VIII. The imprisoned
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was naked and you clothed me, ...I was ill and you comforted me, in prison and you came to visit me."
* North side of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church. East side of 13th between Chestnut and Market.
* 39.951300,-75.161300 [map]
* On the Convention District tour.
* Exhibits: New, Religious
* See also:
+wikipedia.org's Adam page
+wikipedia.org's David page
+wikipedia.org's Isaiah page
+wikipedia.org's Magi page