Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
Landmark: St. Agatha - St. James Church
On the Avenue of Technology tour.
1887 (year of building)
* Statue of Saint James
* standing person,
* Carved for the building in Italy. Behind mesh that isn't visible from the street but partially obscures the picture.
* Niche above the entrance arch.
St. Agatha - St. James Church.
Southeast corner, 38th and Chestnut.
* 39.955000,-75.198250 [map]
* Exhibits: Religious
* See also:
+wikipedia.org's Saint James page
Gravestone of Monsignor Francis J. Ross
* Memorial to Monsignor Francis J. Ross
Tu es sacerdos in aeternum
Right Reverand Monsignor Francis J. Ross, D.D.
Born June 28, 1885
Ordained Nov. 1, 1911
Died Aug. 6, 1955
Requiscat in pace
East side of St. Agatha - St. James Church.
South side of Chestnut, East of 38th.
* 39.954915,-75.197800 [map]
+St. Agatha - St. James Church