Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
Landmark: Pennsylvania Hospital
On the Washington Square tour.
suggestion of a building,
Take care of him and I will repay thee.
South side of Spruce between 8th and 9th.
* 39.945750,-75.155600 [map]
* Exhibits: Medical,
1774 (approximate, presented 1804)
* Statue of William Penn
* standing person
wearing a hat,
* Visible at a distance through the fence. Artist listing is documented as an attribution.
John Penn A.D. 1804
* On the grounds of Pennsylvania Hospital.
North side of Pine between 8th and 9th.
* 39.944650,-75.155825 [map]
* See also:
+page about this piece
+wikipedia.org's John Cheere page
+wikipedia.org's William Penn page
743 Spruce Gates
Elizabeth Osborne Cooper,
* abstract ironwork
East side of 8th, North of Spruce and South side of Manning, East of 8th.
* 39.946150,-75.154500 [map]