On the Franklin Town tour.
* Symbol of Jesus
* Was on the West side of 17th, between Race and Vine
* Exhibits: Missing, Religious
* statue of Mary
* standing person, kneeling person, head covering, rosary
* Archdiocese. Parking lot, Southwest corner, 17th and Vine.
* 39.958125,-75.167450 [map]
* Exhibits: New, Religious
St. Elizabeth Catholic Church Crucifixion
1993 (installed? year St. Elizabeth was closed)
* statue of Jesus
* small group of people standing and crucified, kneeling, with headgear
* I have no information about the relationship between the statues and St. Elizabeth Catholic Church, or who the three women are
* inscription: St. Elizabeth Catholic Church founded 1872
* Archdiocese. Parking lot, Northwest corner, 17th and Race.
* 39.956950,-75.167700 [map]
* Exhibits: New, Religious, Unidentified
* See also:
+phillychurchproject.com blog entry with picture of St. Elizabeth Catholic Church
+phillychurchproject.com page for St. Veronica that mentions the destruction of St. Elizabeth
+Archdiocese listing for St. Elizabeth
+ushistory.org mention of the laying of the cornerstone of St. Elizabeth