Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net
Artist: Albert Paley
Gates and Grills
* abstract forms
* The grill is clearly signed. The gate isn't, but the catalog says Gates and Grills, and they seem to go together
* Gates and grills.
Lombard West of Front.
* 39.941950,-75.144000 [map]
* On the Lombard-South tour
* Was an arch across the entrance to a parking lot, which was replaced with a new building in 2016. The piece was temporarily removed and then put back in its original location but a completely different context. The last two pictures are from 2017.
* Entrance (after the fact).
West side of 18th, South of Spring Garden.
* 39.962500,-75.168100 [map]
* On the Franklin Town tour
* Exhibits: New,
The pictures on this site (but not the
artworks in the pictures) are Copyright 1998-2016
Christopher William Purdom (the Webmsaster), unless
otherwise noted, and are not to be used for commercial purposes, but are
free for non-commercial use, provided appropriate credit is given.
The Webmaster does not own any of the artworks shown here, nor does the Webmaster
have any official connection to any of the private organizations,
non-profit institutions, universities, or city
and state commissions, programs, departments, agencies, and authorities
that own, purchase, maintain, catalog, and/or approve public artworks in
Information about artists, dates, titles and subjects was gathered by the Webmaster from
a variety of sources, including those listed on the
resources page, plus personal inspection of the pieces and, in
some cases, email or telephone conversations with the artists,
representatives of the artists, representatives of the artists' estates,
or personnel at the organizations that purchased or approved the
purchase of the pieces. The Webmaster believes
that the information provided is as accurate as possible, but claims
no ownership of facts. Please contact
the Webmaster with corrections, additions, and/or technical difficulties