Perry M. Morgan
Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Perry M. Morgan, 1987
* ideas, ideals and logos map, people standing, crouching, helmets, weapons, airplanes and helicopters, plants, buildings
The Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial is designed to honor those who served in all branches of the United States Armed Forces during the Vietnam War. The memorial pays tribute to the 80,000 Philadelphia Vietnam Era Veterans who served our country in our nation's longest war.
By honoring these veterans the Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial separates the warrior from the war, focuses on the valor and sacrifice of those patriots, and gives each of them a place in history.
It is our duty to remember the gallant Americans whose names grace this wall. They sacrificed their lives in the service of our country during the Vietnam War 1964-1975.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
* Plaza. Southeast Corner, Front and Spruce.
* 39.943910,-75.142825 [map]
* On the Penn's Landing tour.
* Exhibits: War, African American