Philadelphia Public Art @philart.net

Schuylkill Permanent Bridge

Schuylkill Permanent Bridge
1932
* small bridge
* inscription:
Schuylkill Permanent Bridge
Opened to traffic January 1, 1805
Altered and remodeled 1850
Destroyed by fire, November 20, 1875
Replaced the same year by
a temporary wooden bridge
Iron cantilever bridge built and completed
April 20, 1888. Replaced by this structure
1932
* Bridge column. Middle of the South side of the Market Street Bridge. Market, East of 29th.
* 39.954350,-75.180430 [map]
* On the Avenue of Technology tour